What Our Customers Are Saying:
"That's what insulation is supposed to look like"
"The quietest contractors we've ever had"
"I was able to turn down my thermostat 5 degrees after R-Pro insulated my house and still be more comfortable"
"My energy bills were cut in half"
"R-Pro went above and beyond all of my expectations"
Useful information and tips on energy usage and savings.
Click the tabs below or visit our Technical Library for more information.
Where Energy Is Used
Ways To Save Energy
- Insulate your home to meet energy efficiency guidelines.
- Set your thermostat comfortably low in the winter and comfortably high in the summer. Install a programmable thermostat that is compatible with your heating and cooling system.
- Use compact fluorescent light bulbs.
- Air dry dishes instead of using your dishwasher's drying cycle.
- Turn off your computer and monitor when not in use.
- Plug home electronics, such as TVs and DVD players, into power strips; turn the power strips off when the equipment is not in use (TVs and DVDs in standby mode still use several watts of power).
- Lower the thermostat on your hot water heater to 120
- Take short showers instead of baths.
- Wash only full loads of dishes and clothes.
- Drive sensibly. Aggressive driving (speeding, rapid acceleration and braking) wastes gasoline.
- Look for the ENERGY STAR© label on home appliances and products. ENERGY STAR© products meet strict efficiency guidelines set by the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency and the U.S. Department of Energy.